|JOB TITLE||:||Governance Specialist (Short Term Agreement)|
|REPORT TO||:||Governance/Institutional Development Advisor|
In the third-year project implementation, USAID SEA Project continues to support MMAF and DKP to strengthen policies, laws, regulations, and/or the implementation to improve and enhance the practice of ecosystem approach for fisheries management (EAFM), and to improve the management of marine protected areas (MPA) and expand MPA coverage. Considering the mission, and learning on the policy momentums in 2019, at macro level, USAID SEA Project is supporting MMAF and DKPs to streamline marine and fisheries development sectors, especially on sustainable fisheries, Marine Protected Area (MPA) management, Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) implementation and law enforcement in the framework of national and provincial macro development plan and strategy. For this objective, USAID SEA Project is supporting MMAF in the development of national and provincial medium-term development plan (Rencana Pembangunan Jangka Menengah Nasional or RPJMN) on marine and fisheries sector. The assistance will be conducted by facilitating MMAF, and the stakeholders to develop policy paper on Sustainable Fishery Development Strategy in Indonesian Fisheries Management Area (FMA) 2020 – 2024. The strategy will provide analysis on optimum level fisheries sustainable use and optimum level of sustainable fishery investment in Indonesian Fisheries Management Area (FMA). USAID SEA Project is supporting MMAF in this area in order to ensure the sustainability of fisheries stock in Indonesia fishery for longer future. Therefore, USAID SEA Project is recruiting a Governance Specialist to work together with USAID SEA Project Team to facilitate the process and to support the development of Sustainable Fishery Development Strategy 2020 – 2024.
Under direct supervision Governance Advisor, the Governance Specialist is responsible to carry out the following task:
- With Senior Fisheries Advisor, facilitate series discussions with relevant MMAF units and relevant stakeholders to identify and determine the optimum level of sustainable fisheries resource use, required investment estimation and mechanisms in Indonesian Fisheries Management Area (FMA) in 2020 – 2024 in order to ensure the sustainability of fisheries stock in Indonesia fishery for longer future.
- Provide strategic input from governance aspect in the development of the strategy to ensure that all the recommendations are operational and in line with Indonesian governance system context at national and provincial level.
- With MMAF Team, write up drafts Sustainable Fishery Development Strategy 2020 – 2024 based on substances and results that have been agreed by MMAF decision makers and stakeholders.
- With MMAF Team, finalize the final draft Sustainable Fishery Development Strategy 2020 – 2024 that have been agreed by MMAF Director of Planning Bureau.
- Present and/or facilitate workshops or FGDs or any other discussions with the ministry, and present relevant material as USAID SEA Project representative.
- Work togerther with USAID SEA Project Team in advocating policy recommendations
- Be part of USAID SEA Project Team and contribute to the work of the team as required.
The Governance Specialist shall submit the following deliverables:
- Monthly updates, in a format prescribed by SEA;
- Day-by-day activity records (time sheets);
- Detailed reports and insights on any trips, workshops and/or meetings involving the Governance Specialist during the work period;
- Copies of any presentations prepared under USAID SEA Project assignment;
- Draft and Final Sustainable Fishery Development Strategy 2020 – 2024.
Master degree in Public Administration or Government or Public Policy with experience with at the minimum of 5 year experiences in policy facilitation
Work Experience :
- Proven policy analytical and research skills
- Proven skills to facilitate policy dialogue and to bring stakeholders to achieve consensus in a complex policy decision forum
- Proven skills to develop policy paper and policy brief
- Proven initiative, creativity, and problem solving skills
- Bahasa Indonesia and English fluency (oral and written) required.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to function in a heterogeneous team
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork
If you are interested and qualified, please send your latest CV (no later than 10 pages) to : Jobs@SEA-Indonesia.org before May 29, 2019. Please note the title of the position you are applying for in your submission email.